Saturday, January 24, 2015

Delaware Art Museum Photography Class #2 (Part 4 - the homework asignment - shutter speed and diagonal)

Although it's fun to play around with the shutter speeds on both ends of the spectrum of my camera, and to look for diagonals, the homework assignment was to do both of these things in one picture.  So, this is what I came up with to submit..

This pair of dogs, at the dog park, create an "implied" diagonal and were moving at a quick pace.   They were were funny to watch... and a little scarey too! This picture was shot at 1/500 of a second and an ISO of 1600.  Our teacher told us that 1/500 is a good shutter speed for sporting events.


My daughter was practicing her violin, and of course the violin creates the diagonal, but it was fun to get her fingers moving.  These pictures were taken at a shutter speed of 1/250 and an ISO of 3200.



She doesn't like this picture, due to the funny way her fingers look, but I think it makes the point.  She was moving quickly and while the violin scroll is clear, her fingers seem pretty clear to me too, I was sitting below her, and the light over head shines nicely on the violin, but her pointer finger is too dark, I think.




My daughter was spinning her "walking stick" at a diagonal.


And, my other daughter reaching out to touch a beautiful horse on the farm...





No comments:

Post a Comment